This Saturday saw the conclusion of a difficult Champions League season. The pandemic and lockdowns affected the presence of fans at many matches, but the performance of many players remained at a decent level.
Two English teams, Manchester City and Chelsea, met in the last match of the Champions League. Chelsea players won the match – the decisive goal was Kai Havertz in the 42nd minute.
Let’s find out who made it to the top XI in the Champions League this season.
- Edouard Mendy (Chelsea) – 7.11
Conceded three goals and made nine saves in 12 Champions League games.
- Juan Cuadrado (Juventus) – 7.94
He has six assists in different matches.
- Cristiano Romero (Atalanta) – 7.67
- Niklas Süle (Bayern) – 7.27
- Alex Sandro (Juventus) – 7.60
Didn’t make it to the finals with the team, but showed great play according to Who Scored.
- Neymar (PSG) – 7.64
Neymar won three Man of the Match awards at once according to Who Scored in nine games played during the season.
- Joshua Kimmich (Bayern) – 7.95
- Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) – 7.55
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – 7.75
Mbappe scored eight times and also gave several effective assists, which helped him surpass the other players on the list.
- Erling Haaland (Dortmund) – 7.97
Haaland has surprised everyone this season. He scored 10 goals and helped Dortmund reach the quarterfinals.
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 8.51
Messi scored seven goals in six games.